- Responsible for the day-to-day performance of a diverse middleware team
- Allocates resources appropriately to meet business needs
- Ensure appropriate team coverage to support the timely response and resolution of client concerns
- Help drive efficiency by identifying automation opportunities and promote DevOps
- Act as a mentor (in accordance with IPsoft’s core values) to the team focusing on improving individual and team performance
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the team
- Server as both a Player and a Coach
- Ensure the timely and effective on-boarding of new support team members by coordinating and delivering training for new team membe Coordinates job rotation and cross-training
- Improve the team’s overall knowledge and ability to respond to client requests by identifying and facilitating needed training on Client’s process, tools and products
- Improve team effectiveness and efficiency by identifying opportunities for process improvement through the analysis of IPcenter performance metrics (e.g. response and resolutions times) related to the support function
- Work closely with other members of the leadership team by collaborating and coordinating efforts
- Ensure the best possible customer support team by completing and delivering performance evaluations of direct reports that will reinforce strong performance and identify any potential areas for individual improvement
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of five years of previous supervisor or manager experience, preferably managing in an application support environment
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills, including effective reporting of operations, issues and performance
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles in managing operational service delivery
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment and to take lead in team activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others not under direct supervision.
- Self motivated, strong attention to detail, and results driven.
- Ability to grasp complex technical information and communicate such information to a diverse audience with varying levels of technical experience.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships, professional rapport, and effectively accomplish work within a setting that includes a diversity of individuals, groups, policies, and processes.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience with Linux (RedHat, Centos, Solaris, Scientific Linux) and MS Windows Server (e.g. 2008-R2, 2012-R2, etc.) environments.
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM tools such as AppDynamics), Splunk and SNMP monitoring tools a plus.
- Experience with severial of the following middleware technologies: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss/WildFly, Tomcat, NginX, IIS.
- SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), MS Project, MS Visio
- Proficiency with SQL commands and relational databases
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, C/C++, Perl, Python, PowerShell
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed