Our entry-level Linux Administrators jump straight into IPsoft’s dynamic environment – juggling calls and tickets and identifying opportunities for automation. They have solid administration and troubleshooting skills, and every day, they develop their abilities even further. IPsoft’s Linux Administrators love challenges and despise boredom. And boredom is one thing they won’t find in our ever-changing organization.
BE/BTech in Computer Science or related field
• Strong Linux/Unix/Solaris Admininstration and troubleshooting skills including:
-Job control, soft and hard links, distinctions between the kernel and the shell, shell scripting
• Basic networking troubleshooting ability
• A love for facing the unknown on a daily basis
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills, along with outstanding customer service skills
• Must work well on a team and have a desire to learn new ideas and technologies
• Yearning to grow your skills, knowledge and career!
• Nagios, MySQL, Java, Perl or PHP, application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Apach, Websphere, ATG, Resin), SAN/NAS, VMware, Vblock, AWS, Citrix, EMC, NetBackup, Avamar
• Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, bash, sh, etc)