We are looking for a Network Engineer that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a Network Engineer, you understand the issues involved with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructures, including network connectivity, internet access, mail, DNS, etc. and you are comfortable interfacing with customers. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training to colleagues where required.
Strategy & Planning
processes, and service records, using MS Office products like Word and Visio.
• Monitor network stability, availability and performance.
• Identify, diagnose and resolve network problems as needed.
• Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer's hardware and software.
• Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, other network appliances.
• Provide third and fourth-tier support for networks and on a lower level for systems, databases and applications.
• Automate tasks as much as possible through the development of scripts and our proprietary IPautomata framework.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend network related tools and emerging network technologies.
• Ensuring 24x7x365 operation of internal and client systems.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Participate in managing all network security solutions.
• Provide guidance to (junior) members of the team.
Desired Skills and Experience
Formal Education & Certification
• Degree or relevant work experience.
• CCNA / CCNP or equivalent certification.
• Additional certifications is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
• Hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices.
• 5+ years of network administration mandatory.
• Expert experience with Cisco routers and switches (all platforms).
• Experience with Cisco PIX and ASA platforms.
• Knowledge about VPN technologies (IPsec, MPLS).
• In depth knowledge of TCP/IP.
• Knowledge of routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP.
• Must have user-level experience with Linux systems.
• Excellent troubleshooting experience.
• Strong knowledge of LAN related technologies: STP, vlans, HSRP, VTP etc.
• Working technical knowledge of HTTP/S, DNS, POP, SMTP, FTP, SNMP, Tacacs+ etc.
• Knowledge and experience with network monitoring tools.
• Experience with HAproxy, SSL and Tomcat based application hosting.
• Experience with scripting languages like Python, Java, Go is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of RedHat based linux.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
• Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
A look inside IPsoft!