We are looking for a Senior Operations Engineer that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a Senior Operations Engineer, you understand the issues involved with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructures, including systems administration, monitoring, automation, troubleshooting, etc. and you are comfortable interfacing with customers. In addition, the Operations Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of clustered application hosts, software, and monitoring/automation systems. This individual will also analyze and resolve operations hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training to colleagues where required
Strategy & Planning
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, monitoring configuration,
support processes, and standard operating procedures, using Confluence.
* Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for application support, Systems support, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Troubleshoot system and application issues, deploy code and environments, install and configure monitoring, automate routine events, conduct project work as part of the teams improvement kata and interact with internal business and technical departments.
* Conduct research on monitoring and automation products, services, processes, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the systems and operations industry.
* Oversee new and existing application, systems, and software upgrades.
* Configure systems to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
* Monitor application stability, availability and performance.
* Identify, diagnose and resolve systems and application problems as needed.
* Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer's hardware and software.
* Provide third and fourth-tier support for systems and on a lower level for applicaitons, databases and
* Automate tasks as much as possible through the development of scripts and our proprietary
* Identify, evaluate and recommend network related tools and emerging network technologies.
* Ensuring 24x7x365 operation of internal and client systems.
* Monitor and test application performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
* Participate in managing all application and system security solutions.
* Provide guidance to (junior) members of the team.
* Hands-on experience implementing and administrating Linux systems.
* 5+ years of systems administration mandatory.
* Expert experience with RedHat/CentOS.
* Experience with virtualization.
* Knowledge about various monitoring solutions.
* In depth knowledge of Java application troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of networks and storage.
* Excellent troubleshooting experience.
* Working technical knowledge of HTTP/S, DNS, POP, SMTP, FTP, SNMP, etc.
* Knowledge of RPM creation.
* Working knowledge of automation systems like Bamboo or Jenkins.
* Knowledge about- and experience with system monitoring tools.
* Knowledge about ITIL.
* Experience with scripting languages like Python and Bash.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
* Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.