You might be experienced in Networking, but if you’re eager to learn more, IPsoft is the place for you. Our engineers thrive on the opportunity to dive into a wide variety of technologies. Our large portfolio of clients allows engineers to gain exposure to a wide variety of network systems and hardware such as Cisco, Juniper, Riverbed and F5 – just to name a few. As one engineer puts it, “IPsoft will expose you the most technology in the shortest amount of time.”
• As a member of the IPsoft NOC team, you will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving problems across a variety of hardware platforms and vendors including Cisco, Juniper, F5, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, WAN acceleration, and more across our global client base.
• Interact with our clients utilizing your top notch written and oral communication skills to provide our clients with the best support experience in the world.
• Interact with your global peers within the network operations center and across other departments, to solve the more challenging escalated problems as well as change implementations from the simple, to the more complex.
• Identify and implement automation opportunities as well as areas that can be improved to optimize the operation, such as documentation and monitoring adjustments.
• Document standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training materials for use by the team.
• Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
• You will best represent IPsoft through every interaction with our clients, whether it be during a routine meeting, a troubleshooting call or a complex implementation.
• 3+ years of experience as a network engineer in an implementation and operational support role.
• Solid understanding of Cisco internetworks, routing and switching and related protocols, LAN/WAN. Security, firewalls, load balancers and wireless strongly desired.
• Strong Interpersonal skills and customer service skills are required. Customer advocacy experience highly preferred.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Experience creating reports with MS office products (Excel, Visio, MS Word) is strongly desired.
• Experience working with offshore/global teams is desired.
• Experience in managed IT services or enterprise environment a plus.
• Willingness to work extra hours as operational needs dictate.
• A strong desire to take on new challenges that will not only develop yourself, but will help to contribute to the operation at a higher level.
• Ability to mentor and train junior team members is strongly desired.
Rockstar (Preferred) Qualifications in addition to those required:
• Scripting experience is strongly desired.
• Experience mentoring junior team members.
• Account leadership/Team leadership experience is a plus.
• Presentation skills are a plus.
• Experience with security appliances, load balancers and wireless is highly desired.
A look into IPsoft's culture.